Monday, July 30, 2007

Reborn Table




This little table used to belong to my mom. I never rrreally liked it. But it was very convenient, and I couldn't bring myself to throw it out. So....it lived with us. Once the new couch arrived, I absolutely could not live with the table as it was anymore. So....., I gave it a coating of black paint and mosiaced it. And voila!!


Naturally, I wanted it to relate to the living room, so I based it on the Indian cloth hanging which is above the couch. I include a pic of the reborn table, in front of the couch with it's new cushions and of course the hanging.

I used only stained glass and mirror of exactly the same thickness and although I worked 'direct method', which I always do anyway, the result is flat and smooth, befitting a table that holds our dinner and cups of tea on a daily basis.

What do you think?

No comments: