Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Cats ON a House


So, I bought my cats a little house yesterday. It's made of fabric, and built like a little igloo. I bought the slightly more expensive one, with a well sized door and enough space inside so that they can snuggle together. I lined it with a special crocheted blanket, hand made by my very own mother (I think...?), cos she was not inclined to knitting or crochetting in the slightest and either she made this one under the careful coaching of her friend Esther Klugman, or Esther made it herself and I remembered wrong, but in any event, (excuse the long sentence) it's a very precious blanket and one befitting of our Royal felines.
So far, Ed walked in, took a look around and walked off disinterestedly. Scaff tried to chew her way through the entrance, perhaps she wanted a more regal doorway, I'm not sure. I placed it next to the couch, on the couch, facing the tv, away from the tv, on the floor of my bedroom and even ontop of my bed. To no avail. They just not interested.
So this morning I threw it on the floor and walked away. Later I came back and found that the two of them had moved in on the top floor.
Oh Well! They look happy enough. What can I say. Some people just like to sleep on the roof of their house.

i

No comments: