Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Jesse's Birthday











I went for a walk on the beach this evening. It's getting colder, and I had a fleece top on, zipped up. I heard someone say on the radio today that the first whales have arrived. I didn't see one, but the beach has a special feeling at this time of the year. Everything becomes a little more introverted. I was thinking of many things, and missing Jesse. We've had many evening walks like this. For some reason I thought of one of my very most favourite poems. I want to share it with you for your birthday. especially the last two lines. and I found these little pictures too. Think of it as a birthday card




e.e.cummings.
************
maggie and milly and molly and may
went down to the beach ( to play one day)
*
****
and maggie discovered a shell that sang
so sweetly she couldn't remember her troubles, and
*
***
milly befriended a stranded star
whose rays five languid fingers were;
*
***
and molly was chased by a horrible thing
which raced sideways while blowing bubbles:and
*
***
may came home with a smooth round stone
as small as a world and as large as alone.
*
***
For whatever we lose(like a you or a me)
it's always ourselves we find in the sea
***
*
*
*
*
*******************************************************************************
I miss our walks together on the beach, and I look forward to the time we can do it again. In the meantime, remember all these things we can find. especially ourselves.

No comments: